Looking for an easy way to cut out extra calories and fats, but just can’t give up dairy products?
Thanks to Greek yogurt, you don’t have to!
Greek yogurt is made with an extra step to drain excess water, lactose, and minerals out leaving a creamy, rich yogurt with less sugar, more carbs, and acidity that makes it easier for your body to absorb other nutrients. It’s a nutrient-packed dairy product that, when added to your diet, has extraordinary benefits.
- One serving of Greek yogurt can have 12-17 grams of protein
- Greek Yogurt is packed with probiotics – the healthy bacteria that boost your immune system and decrease stomach issues.
- Calcium is key to strong muscles, bones, and vital organ function and a serving of Greek yogurt have over 18% of your daily recommended value.
- B-12 is needed for red blood cells to form, brain function, and DNA synthesis. Greek yogurt is a natural alternative to supplements containing 21.3 percent of your daily value.
- Greek yogurt is high in potassium which helps lower blood pressure and balance sodium levels.
- Because of its nutritional value, Greek yogurt makes a great workout recovery food. It’s filling and contains enough protein to repair the damage done by exercise.
- Greek yogurt is a source of iodine which is pivotal to proper thyroid function and a healthy metabolism. Our bodies do not naturally make iodine.
With all of the nutritional benefits of Greek yogurt, it makes an ideal substitution for higher-calorie foods like sour cream, mayonnaise, and cream cheese.
Greek yogurt also makes great additions to smoothies, popsicles, and puddings.
The additional step taken to remove excess lactose is great for those with intolerance and has been found to be gentler on the stomach.