Can I blow your mind for a second?
Do you have a tennis ball nearby?
Grab that tennis ball and give it a hard squeeze.
That’s about the same amount of force your heart uses to pump blood through your body…
And it does that about 100,000 times a day (35 million times a year)!
Pretty wild, right? That’s a LOT of work!
This month we are all about showing your muscles some love – and that includes your heart.
Because heart disease is the #1 killer on the planet, it’s important to do your part to keep your heart healthy, starting now!
That said, here are 5 things you can start doing TODAY to protect your heart health:
1) Exercise most days of the week.
This one is so important it gets extra bullet points — here’s why:
- It strengthens your heart so it becomes more efficient, allowing it to push out more blood with every beat (lowering your resting heart rate)
- It boosts blood flow to your heart
- It helps lower blood pressure by improving your blood vessels’ ability to dilate
- It makes it easier for your muscles and tissues to get oxygen from your blood
- It helps your nervous system manage stress even while you are resting
It’s as close to a “miracle drug” as you can get!
2) Eat a healthy, whole-foods-based diet that’s low in sugar and sodium, and rich in vitamins and minerals.
3) Limit alcohol. Just 2-3 drinks in one sitting can raise your blood pressure.
4) Stand up more. Research shows that sitting for extended periods isn’t good for your heart, even if you work out.
5) Go easy on the black licorice. Weird fact: it contains glycyrrhizic acid, which can raise your blood pressure even if you don’t have hypertension.
That’s why Get Active focuses on creating programs that will help our clients get healthy and fit.
Make it an amazing day,
If you want to save money and at the same time achieve your fitness goals, then save your spot in our End of Financial Year Sale before spots are filled up! Click here to check out the offers!